a letter to 2008


Thank you to dancingmermaid for the idea for this post.


Dear 2008:


I'd like to say thank you, first & foremost, for seeing me through. The fact that I am still here and ready to dive into another year is certainly deserving of my appreciation.

Looking back at all you have thrown my way, I'd have to say it's been quite a mix. Ups & downs sometimes by the minute, but I always ended up learning something new about myself. The lessons were sometimes dissapointing, but always valuable and necessary indeed.

And I think that's one of the most important things I'm going to take from you, 2008. The lesson of learning. I have a habit of missing the process when I'm in it, always looking at the end result and thinking ahead & not seeing what's right in front of me. You taught me to live more in the moment and to appreciate what's in front of me, pleasant or not. There is something to be found in every moment, no matter how small, and I'm planning to go into 2009 with more patience and clarity; remembering to see what is there, and not dwell on what will be. Because I really never know what will be until it actually is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

friends

December Reflections - 2016 Edition

The Weight of it All