Tuesdays Distraction


I'm going to go through some creative experimentation this month and work on finding some routines that work for me.  For example, Tuesdays Distraction may turn into an every Tuesday list of things that I find which make me feel good and spark encouragement to create and move.  On the other hand, I might decide that I want to call it something else and do it on another day of the week.  Or maybe I'll do it today and then not ever want to do it again. We shall see. The point is, with my word for 2016 being "Movement" I'm just going with it when it hits me.  Rather than sitting and thinking on things, wondering if it's precisely the way I want to do it and then never really following through. Yay for movement!  For now, please enjoy the things that have been distracting me, but in a good way.

The photo above is a pair of jeans I'm mending using a Japanese hand mending method. I can see this being my new obsession (because I do occasionally need a break from knitting and I have tons of vintage fabrics to put to use).  I could peruse pinterest searches for sashiko and boro all day and into the wee hours of a week later. Because it's just that beautiful to me.  The art of creating something that continues to be useful (and even more gorgeous!) out of that which the majority of America would just throw away (hello there disposable society! That's you!), well, it just reaches down into the depths of my being and gives me reason to hope for a non-disposable future! I also found Rebecca's lovely website, which I am pretty sure I'll be spending some time perusing in between tax preparation (yes it's that time of year again!)

Oh, and if that isn't enough beautiful fabric love for you? Check out shiborigirl! Breathtaking and inspiring!

Spent a bit of time watching how people knit last evening.  This is brilliant and made me want to learn some other methods of knitting, even if I remain comfortable with my current way.

And now, back to my regularly scheduled tax form preparations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

breaking open

friends