Tuesdays Distraction

Todays distraction is brought to you in honor of the following:

David Bowie, who I've loved and have been listening to since I was old enough to recognize truly good music.

Movement, my word of the year, combined with the first video below, so that everyone can pay respects to Mr. Bowie and dance!!!!

My dad, who would have celebrated his 69th birthday on the day David Bowie left the earth.  I like to think that where ever they are, David sang Happy Birthday to my dad :).

So, if you haven't already (because obviously social media has already covered millions of shares), or if you have and would like to again (me! me!) here's some David Bowie for your enjoyment, nostalgia, and distraction.

My favorite!

A version I remember seeing when I was very young, but have forgotten about.

6:08 I would totally have bought an audio book of David Bowie does Nursery Rhymes and played it for my kids every night!

I've heard him refer in this way to his process numerous times, the "getting through it" so he can "get on with something else" and it leads me to think deeper about the need to create.  Perhaps this is where we could find answers to many mental "illnesses".  Perhaps people "go mad" or get depressed, anxious, frustrated, etc. when they're NOT able to create and get their ideas and talents out.  It gets stuck inside and festers.  Just like with feelings and such, we need a release, and that's what art is.  I know if I'm not creating, or if I go longer periods of time without creating, I feel stuffed inside.  After I spend time writing pages upon pages, those moments where I throw up in half a notebook, I feel so much better.  I think this needs contemplated upon further....at another time :)
To be an artist.

THIS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

friends

December Reflections - 2016 Edition

breaking open