December Reflections - 2016 Edition

I've been participating in most of Susannah's photo challenges for a couple years now and while I always look forward to them, I have to say that this years December Reflections is more welcomed than any I've joined so far.

At a time when there are so many words flowing around inside of me, I'm struggling to pull them out and organize them in any rational fashion.  There are multiple projects in front of me that need tweaked and perfected and readied for the finish line.  And all I want to do is sink into my couch, under the blankets, warm tea in hand, and knit. And knit. And knit.

Tis the season, right?

So, this comes as the perfect daily ritual for me, at a time when all I want to do is hibernate,  and I'm feeling myself resisting anything that doesn't involve yarn, or sleep, or comfort food.  It's good to have something to focus on that feeds my creative energy.



I took this photo one morning last week when I was heading out for the day.  It speaks volumes.  Nature has such lovely ways of providing us with the metaphors and messages we need at just the time we need them.


Comments

Mandy said…
So glad Susannah Connway's challenges bring you such joy! I, too, am participating in the December challenge after first joining up last year. It's such a pleasant way to change up my day-to-day life, and it helps me to think about things differently. Hope the challenge and photographs you take this month continue to fill your heart with joy and mind with creative energy! :)

Popular posts from this blog

friends

breaking open