More Open


It's always there, you just have to look for it.  The opportunity to take a breath, to notice, to calm, to literally just *be*.

This moment is one that brings me calm every day.  It's a routine that we've become accustomed to.  Every time we drive past this spot, we stop and take a moment to say hello to our friends.  Occasionally they are on the other side of the field, and if we stop they will usually come right over.  There is a cow too, and he's become curious lately, but still a little apprehensive.

We allow the peace to enter.

We allow ourselves to slow down.

We allow the present moment in.

I've noticed how this moment makes me feel.  Most of the time we stop and at least one of the boys gets out to truly share space with them, but even when it's nothing more than a drive-by hello of sorts where we slow to a crawl and yell "Hello Friends!" or "Doooooonnkey!" out the window, this moment has been teaching me presence all along.  It's been probably two years that we have been doing this, but I make the time for it nearly every day now, and I feel the peace it brings me.

This is where the magic happens.  This is life.  This is the medicine that truly helps to heal me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

friends

December Reflections - 2016 Edition

The Weight of it All